This shrine is a nationally designated important cultural property. It is situated on Hakuun-zan, the main peak of Mt. Myogi and dates back about 1,500 years. The majestic, but mysterious main hall built in the gongen-zukuri style and painted with black lacquer strikes visitors with its beauty. A pair of bronze lanterns measuring a total of 4.35 meters in height grace the front of the stairs at the entrance to the shrine. These were erected in June 1864 with the donations from a total of 223 people praying for sericulture and business prosperity, including silk merchants from various provinces, merchants in various businesses, and sericulture farmers. The lanterns are important cultural properties of Tomioka City.