Kyoshin-sha traces its origins to Kuzo Kimura, developer of a new silkworm rearing method called ippa ondan-iku, and young men from the area around Shinshuku Village in the Kodama district establishing the Sericulture Improvement Kyoshin-gumi in 1877. Kyoshin-gumi outgrew Kuzo's home, so the men found land in Kodama-machi and established an office and school.
Kyoshin-sha was actively involved in sericulture improvement, providing guidance for silkworm rearing, dispatching instructors, hosting competitive exhibitions, and other functions. Kyoshin-sha had an excellent reputation and contributed greatly to the production of raw silk, which comprised the majority of Japan's exports at the time.
In 1894, Kuzo built a sericulture room of his own design in the Kyoshin-sha training facility. This room later came to be called the Sericulture School. Kuzo felt that academic education was important for the future development of sericulture, and in 1897 renamed the training facility Kyoshin-sha Sericulture Institute. When the Japanese educational system was reformed, the name was changed again to Kyoshin-sha Sericulture School. After that, it underwent many transformations and today is Saitama Prefectural Kodama Hakuyo High School.